The old and the new: The new Vélodrome Jean Stablinski as seen from the air next to the old outdoor velodrome.
The classic race was created in 1896 by two local textile manufacturers in part to publicise a velodrome they had just built. But this original track vanished a long time ago. The concrete Vélodrome André Pétrieux was opened in 1936.
This Sunday’s race will finish as usual on the old track.